This sight is smaller than the former N-cell battery sight (511/551) and runs on a single 123 battery.
It also has a longer battery life than the N-cell style sights. With the new single battery configuration, the XPS allows more rail space than ever, leaving more room for rear iron sights or NV mount.
Smaller, lighter and always fast; the XPS series is a great new addition. * Single transverse 123 battery to reduce sight length
* Shortened base only requires at most 2 3/4 inch of rail space compared to the 4 inch N battery sights
* Battery cap and latch are eliminated and replaced with a simple O-ring, tethered cap; better sealing is achieved
* Battery compartment is now separated from the base to allow it to hover over the delta ring of the rifle
* Average battery life at brightness level 12 is roughly 600 hours, 3X battery life of N cell sights
* Reticle: 65MOA circle with 1 MOA aiming dot
* The XPS3 is Night Vision compatible, for non-Night Vision compatible units see the XPS2 sights.